How to show saved bookmarks and web history in address bar in Firefox



Hi, after I upgraded to the latest firefox my firefox browser was not showing my saved bookmarks and also the history in the address bar. Usually when I start typing few words I was getting the list of URL’s below as a suggestion which will come handy when I don’t remember the complete URL’s of some websites. 


So how to solve this problem?
  1. In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter.
    • The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
  2. In the Search field, type browser.urlbar.autofill.
  3. Double-click the browser.urlbar.autofill preference to set its value to true
  4. Double-click the browser.urlbar.autofill.typed preference to set its value to true

I did all changes but still bookmarks showing up?
Do your bookmarks show up in the auto-suggest drop-down list?
If not: Under Options > Privacy, in the bottom section, under Location Bar change the selection option for When using location bar, suggest: to “History and Bookmarks”.

You are done! That's it!! Your bookmarks and history will start showing up in the address bar as you start typing words.

No comments: